This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reread: Charlotte's Web Archetype Entry

          "Templeton grinned and lay still. 'Who made trip after trip to the dump?' he asked. 'Why, it was old Templeton! Who saved Charlotte's life by scaring that Arable boy away with a rotten goose egg? Bless my soul, I believe it was old Templeton. Who bit your tail and got you back on your feet this morning after you had fainted in front of the crowd? Old Templeton. Has it every occurred to you that I'm sick of running errands and doing favors? What do you think I am anyway, a rat-of-all-work?' Wilbur was desperate. The people were coming. And that rat was failing him. Suddenly he remembered Templeton's fondness for food." Page 168

          This paragraph shows how Templeton is the shapeshifter.  He's not always bad, but he does play a big role because he did so many things even if Wilbur had to bribe him or the old sheep had to talk some sense into him. At the end of Page 168, Wilbur bribed him and Templeton finally "bared his long ugly teeth" and saved Charlotte's daughters. Templeton did save Charlotte at last, but then he changes his side again. He eats Wilbur's food and is a lazy old rat. But there are some things that Templeton does and nobody has to bribe him or talk sense into him. On Page 159, Templeton bites Wilbur's tail, although it was good that Wilbur woke, Templeton did it for fun. He even chuckled. It's like he's evil, but sometimes he can do something for the good side if he gets something good for him. He's really selfish if he's told to do something and there's no bribe. He will not budge. This is why he is the shapeshifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers