This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reread: Charlotte's Web: Connecting Annotation Entry

           "'Tell me a story. Charlotte!' said Wilbur. as he lay waiting for sleep to come. 'Tell me a story!' Page 101 ......But Wilbur was already asleep. When the song ended, Fern got up and went home. Page 104"

          A pattern I notice is that Fern keeps on popping out of nowhere. She barely does anything during the chapter and at the end of the chapter, she just leaves. She does not interact with Charlotte or Wilbur. But on the next chapter, Page 105, Fern always talks to her mother about it. Fern would just sit and listen and then she would interact a whole lot with her mother. It's showing how Fern doesn't even want to talk to Charlotte or Wilbur, but it's also a pattern that's somehow saying that Fern will grow apart soon, Fern will not take part in Wilbur's life soon. It made Fern seem far apart from the story and far apart from Wilbur and Charlotte's life. Fern was like a mysterious figure who just sat and watch. It was like she was just observing the way of animal life. It was like E.B White was using Fern as a speaker for himself because she's observing everything and it's almost like she's talking during the chapters where she's in the barn with Wilbur and Charlotte.
        
          Pages 44 to 47, Fern didn't speak the whole entire time. You would almost think that Fern was gone, but then she popped up again in the picture on Page 46. Pages 48 to 51, Fern didn't do anything except for "grow rigid on her stool" when she learned that Wilbur was going to die. It was Charlotte who offered to save him. Fern was only mentioned two times in this chapter and it surprised me because Fern was still mentioned even though Charlotte was supposed to be focus. Fern still pops out of nowhere and she is only there to listen to a conversation that she is not even in. She really did grow apart and nothing can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers