This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Reread: Charlotte's Web Expanding Entry

"Fern loved Wilbur more than anything. She loved to stroke him, to feed him, to put him to bed..." Page 8

          This line really shows how Fern used to really love Wilbur and would constantly think about him. Fern showered Wilbur with love. E.B White is giving us just a glimpse of how Fern reacted when she first met Wilbur, but of course, it won't last forever. At the end of Chapter 2, Page 12, Fern didn't argue as much as she did when her dad was going to kill Wilbur. Fern let go of Wilbur and that was already a sign that Fern was going out of focus.  On Chapter 3, it mainly focuses on Wilbur's new life at the barn and the new animals there. Fern and Wilbur are really separated when Wilbur moves into the barn because they can't do anything together. Fern just sat there watching all the animals and Wilbur and not talking. On Page 46, there is a picture of the geese, Templeton, and Charlotte. But Fern is sitting in the corner and that's another sign that E.B White is giving us that Fern is growing up. It seems like Fern would never "stroke" or "feed" him much less play with him. In that picture, there is also Wilbur behind the fence and far away from everyone else. It's like the drawing is telling us that there is a line between Fern and Wilbur's relationship now. I have a feeling that Charlotte has replaced Fern. Charlotte cares so much more about Wilbur than Fern does and she's even willing to save him. Sometimes Charlotte teaches him words, too.

"Fern liked to sit nearby and watch. One afternoon she heard a most interesting conversation and witnessed a strange event." Page 55

          Fern only watched Charlotte and Wilbur. They never all actually talked and played. This shows how Fern is so distant from Wilbur. Fern never joins their conversations. On Page 71, Fern said she was going to visit Wilbur, but it mainly focused on Avery almost knocking out the spider web and the spider itself. But, Fern by not doing anything did bring Charlotte and Wilbur closer. On the cover of the book, Wilbur and Fern are looking up to Charlotte. Wilbur got his mind off of Fern and being lonely by spending time with Charlotte. Both of them became a team and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers