This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Reread: The Phantom Tollbooth Archetype Entry

          "Of course, if you've ever gotten a surprise package, you can imagine how puzzled and excited Milo was; and if you've you never gotten one, pay close attention, because someday you might. 'I don't think it's my birthday,' he ouzzled, 'and Christmas must be months away, and I haven't been outstandingly good, or even good at all.'" Page 12

          These are the words of a clueless hero. Milo was a hero because he saved the princesses Rhyme and Reason, but also because he saved himself from literally dying of boredom. He was the one who wanted to open the package and he also discovered a whole new world from it. He also has a lot of sidekicks or companions like Tock and the Humbug who helps him finish his task to find the princesses and rescue them and they were the ones who stood with Milo during the worst situations. For example, on page 234, Tock helps out everyone by helping them escape. The Humbug, is the shapeshifter. He keeps on getting in the way. For example, he got Milo into jail and he's also wrong most of the time. But I guess the Humbug can help in some ways to Milo. But Milo is the true hero even though he's wrong a lot of times because he mainly saved Rhyme and Reason and he was usually the one who met a lot of new people who helped them along the journey. Milo is the true hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers