This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weekly Blog Post: Impossible

Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Spoiler Alert!

          Hey, so I've just finished reading the heart-wrenching book, Impossible. This book made me cry and made me notice that not everything will be the same forever; you'll just have to hope and pray everything turns out fine. This book has specific plot, but it tells so much other stories. For one, this book is actually about a girl named Lucy trying to break a curse. But just from that, it tells a story of friendship, backstabbing, change, and going your own way. Those themes are so so beautiful and heart-breaking as well. This story will grow on you.

          The first theme is friendship. It's about being there for each other and helping each other out in the toughest times of all. But this theme isn't only about helping friends, it's about relying on them. You might say that you never rely on anyone since they could just leave you in the dark and cold, but this book is not anything like that. This whole book circulates around friendship and how important it really is in those dark, horrible times. Everyone has had those times when all you need is a friend and I saw that a lot in this book. That actually made me think a lot on my friends and how important they are to me. This made me think about how I couldn't live without them if they just came and went away. Now this really made me think the theme of not taking things for granted. I now know that one of those things are friends and so did Lucy. Lucy has a friend whose name is Zach. Lucy basically loves Zach and he loves her too, but what if Zach just left her one day? Lucy would probably feel really depressed and upset. But the thing is I do think Lucy is taking things for granted and I'm not the only one. Lucy herself actually talked about her always receiving everything from Zach, but her not ever giving anything back. That made me think about friends help friends and also about how friends can always decide to leave if they want to. But it's not our choice to make them stay or leave; it's their choice.

          Now, of course you know that friendship leads to backstabbing. Lucy gets backstabbed by a person who is really the one whose been causing her problems. I always hear about how people get betrayed by their own friends and stuff and I realize that this is not the person's fault at all. It's the back-stabber's own fault. Seriously, how would you feel if you got backstabbed by a close friend? I have felt that way before and it does not feel good. But seeing this from another person's point of view really gave me a sense of how they felt: angry and betrayed. This book tells an important theme of how you can't really trust anybody but yourself. I love this theme and I especially love how it's portrayed in this book; simple, fast, and easy. I know it doesn't take long to know you've been backstabbed and this book shows that really well. Lucy finds out faster than I expected and I actually liked it for it's pace.

          And all of those problems above all lead to change. I know change is a horrible thing and feeling and I know how painful it is. The way the book lured me in about change made me think about how sometimes things will change for good or sometimes it's just temporary. But the changes Lucy goes through makes me think about how it's never to late to change something back. Like I said before, Lucy has to break a curse. Lucy does break it in the end and she becomes a matured adult from it. That made me wonder about how sometimes it changes for the better and not the worst. Lucy talks about it too and here's a quote from her:
        
          "I'm not saying I'm glad it happened. Not exactly. But I'm not sorry to be the person I am today, and to have the life I have now."
        
          I love this quote so, so much and it's all because of it's true meaning; that change is sometimes good. I mean, most people think change is bad, but I don't... anymore. For example, when people cry about break-ups, broken friendships. Maybe it was for the best. I love how this theme is so optimistic yet not in a ''Yay! Be happy!'' way.

          Change then leads to finally... going your own way. Everyone changes and nobody wants to stay the same forever. People want to actually chase their dream. People want to break off and be the original or crazier one. Lucy has told me so much about doing your own thing and not giving up on it. I like this theme because so much people don't care about their goals or dreams. They just go on with life doing nothing exciting with it. I'm not exactly what you would call a goal chaser, but I know better than to give up on it. For Lucy to break her curse, she needs to do three impossible tasks. Impossible. But Lucy didn't give up on those three tasks and she proved that they weren't impossible. Never give up and be who you want to be. Do what you want to do. This book is so beautiful in many, many ways, but this theme is the most important to me. It's about being the wildflower instead of a plain old rose.

          This book has taught me so many lessons, themes, and things about life. I love how so many things are wrapped into one book. I will never forget this book and what it had taught me. Just remember nothing is impossible if you believe.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers