This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weekly Blog Post: Kissing Kate

Kissing Kate  by Lauren Myracle

          This book is a beautiful book and I wished I read this book earlier. It not only touches my heart, but I know it touches other teenager's hearts too. This book has only one problem: being gay. But just one problem can cause so many things like loss of friendship and rejection. The problems that Lissa (the main character) are facing can connect to so much people.

          First of all, being gay. Lissa's problem is being gay and because I'm not gay, that kind of puts me in her own shoes. What would it be like if I was a closet gay? What would I do if all my friends left because of it? This book makes me think about how everyone is different and unique and how you can't fight against that even if you are different. If I were Lissa, I would just get over about how I think I'm gay. I mean, Lissa had one small kiss with her bestfriend, Kate. What's the big deal? I honestly think that Lissa is overreacting. She goes on about Kate and missing her because Kate had left, but Lissa didn't do anything about it; just like how she didn't do anything about being a closet gay. Lots of people are like that, but that really makes me think. Maybe the reason she didn't do anything about that was because she was scared, just like how scared people are when they see their crushes. It's our natural instincts, but even though I'm like that, I hate it. Reading this book made me hate myself and Lissa for not just doing something and getting it done. There are so much "cows" in this world. We're all scared of getting slaughtered or actually getting hurt by the ones we love (or like) that we refuse to do anything about it.

          But this book relates to so much people, especially people who are confused about their sexuality. I feel that this book gives you a ride on a life that many people are experiencing or have experienced. This book can actually connect to people and that's what makes it so beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, nothing's wrong with being gay. Lissa's friends should be supportive, not leave her behind all alone. They should protect her if anyone bothers her. If they were really here friends, they would have. That seems a bit cliched though, doesn't it? Oh well, sometimes, cliched things are true.
    (I know I'm saying "they" but I really mean Kate.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say this Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, nothing's wrong with being gay! And yeah, I guess cliches are true even though so many say it, it just sounds lame and corny. But sometimes, (like in Kissing Kate), it does play a really important role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLOG POST TIME. Yes, it's very boring, BUT, you are forced to.....
    Rewrite your blog post. Your blog post like you said is crappy. To make it better, you need to stop talking about yourself(like you said), and you sound sooooo fake or sarcastic , yes, it doesn't sound like you at all. You should sound more like yourself. So, just listen/read what I wrote.

    Make it longer by:
    1)Expand on the idea of being gay. Umm, maybe connect it to the world.
    2)Relate and connect to the world, yourself, or someone else.
    3)Like what you said, stop the I, Me.
    4) Answer your own questions.
    5)Put more details to support what you are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers