This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weekly Blog Post: Something, Maybe

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott


          This book is a really sweet book and it's a great book for teenagers and adults. It explains the problems of a really messed up teenager's life while reaching into deeper problems, like family. But in this  book, what makes it so unique is that some of these problems are weird. It's twisted in a way and it makes you think about how you would feel if you were in Hannah's, the main character, shoes. Hannah doesn't only deal with family like most of us do, but love also. Love basically circulates her mind and probably every mind of every living teenager on the planet. It teaches an important lesson that love might not be what you want it to be, and it'll do anything it can to steer you in its' direction.

          First off, family. Hannah's family is very different. Her mom is practically a stripper who used to be a famous person's, um, toy. That famous person is Hannah's dad. A lot of families are embarrassing, yes, but hers' is so far apart from them. That makes me think about how unique every person and every family is, but also about how every family has their own ups and downs. But listening to Hannah drag on about how her life and family sucks, I do think she is a bit selfish. At least she has a parent and a dad that wants to care for her. What would you do if you were Hannah? At least her dad isn't dead (although her stepdad is...). But she's actually lucky to have shelter, food, and a loving mom. If I were her, I would learn to appreciate more. What's so wrong with her life? I think she doesn't appreciate for what her mom has actually done. Her mom needs to wear lingerie and have "chats" with strangers. But she does it for money, for Hannah. Hannah doesn't seem to care about that though and that's what I honestly hate about her.

          Love seems to be a big part of Hannah's life. Hannah does seem to blind when it comes to love. She pretends that she has a soulmate, Josh while in real life, she has a boy who has a huge crush on her. This makes her life really hectic actually. But this also makes me think of how many people are like that. Hannah should just be happy she actually has a guy friend. Although this book is really sweet, I also think that the book is so blind, just like Hannah. This book expresses feelings of a person who's dealing with a lot of problems.

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Annie, but how can you pose questions to the reader that will invite response?

    ReplyDelete


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers