This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekly Blog Post: La Fin

     This is my last blog post and I'd like to say that blogs have been my escape. I've learned that I'm the kind of reader who's not afraid of getting lost in a book, or in a blog post. I find that I lead a very problematic life and the only way to cope with that is to learn about other people and their problems. Books are my paradise.

     When I started to write blog posts, I hated them. Downright hated them. They were just another thing I had to deal with. But as I started to do them, I realized that these blog posts were... fun. They made me really feel the books that I had wrote about. Then it was getting clear that what I liked about books were the themes, and that's what I liked to write about. Blog posts made me see that books had an inside to them; themes, emotions, and it all required understanding to really comprehend these "insides" of books. And so every week, I read my books while trying to understand different emotions and views. This was a great benefit of writing blog posts; I tried to understand these views and emotions so I would write about them on my blog. My blog motivated me to really search for more in the books that I read.

     I started to love writing on my blog. It wasn't a hassle, but a hobby for me. It was so more refreshing to write on a blog than to write an one-page entry in my notebook on God-knows-what. Writing on notebooks made me feel like I was limited to only my class and my teacher seeing it. Writing online made me feel free, like there were no restrictions. Anyone could see it, anyone could comment on it, and anyone could share it with just a click of a computer mouse. Again, big benefit. When I'm writing in a notebook, it feels like I can't write every single thing I want to. My blog is my blog and I can do anything I want with it. Now, I know that's practically the same thing with my notebook, but a notebook is just so academic. Like if I write something out of the box in my notebook, it just seems so wrong. Almost like my opinions don't matter, and only factual statements do. I control my blog and I'm not afraid to put what I think on it.

     How many times have I seen someone try to make themselves seem interesting online? More than you think. But, it's not like I've never seen a more real person online than in real life. Some people envisage themselves as a person with more privileges online than in real life. You can write something knowing that someone will see it. You can write your feelings knowing someone will see it. I feel like I can express myself better online than in real life. I mean, who's really going to listen about your "feelings" in middle school? Our society is a cruel, harsh place, and sometimes I feel safer online than in real life. And then come the people who pretend to be something they're not. Don't get me, wrong I have nothing against them. In fact, I used to do it all the time online. I understand that people want to come on as nice and interesting, not shy and boring. So, really, everybody's different on the Web. People express themselves in different ways.

     I feel like every website's freedom is somewhat abused. Especially Face-book's freedom. People get mean sometimes and it can get serious, and sometimes, it can only happen online. Teenagers do abuse the freedom of websites and they can do it by just calling people names. You can't say it to someone's face? Oh, no, don't worry. You can insult people anonymously by using Form-spring! People take advantage of these privileges. It's a horrible thing and it can scar people, emotionally and mentally.Also, I'd like to say that not everyone has the courage to say what they want to say, so maybe saying something online could be an opportunity for them to say it. Not everyone has the guts to say something in real life, so I feel like the Web really opens more options to everyone.

     I can honestly imagine myself keeping this blog up for the rest of my life. Just not weekly. Or daily. If I do keep it, it wouldn't be about books anymore. It would be mainly about life and maybe even philosophy. As a side note, I would like to add that I am not creating a new blog under any circumstances. I feel too committed to this one already. These blogs are great, really. They're such a nice way to carry out any feelings you have about... anything! I'll be sure to catch up with my blog in the future. This is my 36th and last (or maybe not) blog post. Annie out.

     Oh, I forgot! When I was going through my "quote" phase, I swore to myself that I would remember to put this great quote by Eleanor Roosevelt:
     "If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor."
      This quote reminds me of this whole year and everything's that happened. This quote also pertains to my blog; I never know when I'll check with it or maybe even change it. My blog is like my life (although not all of it), and it will always be unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers