This is a Walk To Remember

That I'll die living just as free as my hair.

I Gotta Feelin'

I Gotta Feelin'
_____________________________________________________
Can't catch me now.

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Aloha~Je t'aime~Love~ Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Beautiful. Life status: Drum roll... and wait. I'M A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, BABY. Melted cheese cubes are my thing. Itchy...itchy... I don't want to sound like a nerd, but I love sonnets, poetry, AND reading! Give me a good book and I'll finish it in a day. Reading makes the world go round! Hey, I could be Shakespeare number two one day. I also like posting up blogs! Yeah, yeah, I have no life. And yet I do like another thing. Chorus and rehearsals, yeah! I hate rock music though. End of story. I also don't know anything about Jedi and/or his warriors in Star Wars? So...wanna press rewind? This is my blog. Later, gators, I'll be doing the crocodile rock!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lock And Key: What really hard things are happening in the text?

Lock And Key by Sarah Dessen

          One really hard thing is mainly about how Ruby gets abandoned by her mother. It is the most obvious problem, but the problem leads on to many other things. One thing that is caused by Ruby's mother's abandonment is opening up and kind of fitting in. Ruby is not a "average teenager" from her words and it's mainly because her mother left her. For example, Ruby does not like to waste money and she learned how to not waste money during her mother's absence.  She also knows how to work hard because later on in the book, she even gets a job and volunteers to help out other people too. After her mother left, she was moved to her sister's house and had to go to a new school. That only made things worst. She only had one friend at her new school, Perkins Day and unlike all of the other students, she doesn't even think about college until her sister and her husband, Jamie mentions it.

          Her mother's abandonment leads on to a new life, house, and of course boys. She even gets hooked up with beer and drugs with a boy named Marshall. Another boy is Nate and he is the person who changes Ruby and her perspective on life which was"Expect the worst so you'll never be disappointed" to a much more positive attitude on life. But Nate leads her to troubles which involves parent abuse and Ruby is tangled with Nate's life and she wants to save him from his father who constantly abuses him and yells at him.

          This story's issues are not as harsh because most issues aren't even focused on Ruby even though it does involve Ruby. But all of these issues were caused by abandonment.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

Followers